A new year means new resolutions. It is easy to tell ourselves the same things every year and burn out soon after. While this routine is normal, it is important to stay true to yourself and try not to just wait “until next year.” We here at ITM have some easy tips and tricks to make sure this does not happen to you.
1. Be realistic
– We all have been told to shoot for the stars when it comes to getting what we want but when it comes to resolutions, it is important to understand what we can truly handle. Go easy on yourself and focus on changing small aspects of your life that in the long run will make a big difference.
2. Outline your plan
– Organization is a big step for any resolution. Just jumping into what you want may result in exhaustion, stress and tension. This is why it is important to outline what you want to do and how you are going to reach the finish line.
3. Reward yourself
– It is important to give yourself a pat on the back every now and then. At the end of the day, you are trying and that is what matters most. Reward and love yourself every step of the way.
4. Track your progress
– Track what you have done so far and where you are heading. An example of this would be to take pictures during a weight loss journey; have proof of your progress that inspires you to keep going. Be proud of the work you are doing and allow yourself to be pleased with what you have done.
5. Keep trying
– When it comes down to it, we are all trying. This is the most important factor when it comes to bettering ourselves. Do not beat yourself up if you fall off of your routine, the important thing is that you get back up and keep moving forward to get what you want.
Altering our lives can be hard, but it is important to follow these steps to make these transitions smoother. By following these guidelines, you can strive to be the best version of you. And always remember, we here at ITM are here to help with anything you may need.